Tuesday 1 November 2011

Tangle Teezer Vs. Halloween Hair

So this week I went to a friend's Halloween/House Warming and to create a more dramatic effect crimped AND back combed my hair... I soon regretted it the morning after with numerous knots throughout. No better time to put the award winning Tangle Teezer to the ultimate test... Halloween Hair! I'd previously seen this product being demonstrated on a dolls head in Hamley's but didn't really buy into it, but when I saw it was 3for2 in Boots a few weeks ago I thought I might as well give it a try!

I have the original in 'Tangerine Scream' which retails at about £10.20, other versions include a Compact Styler and a Flower Pot which does exactly the same job but appeals to a much younger market, perfect for little girls who don't like to have their hair brushed. I wouldn't say it was totally pain free when brushing out the knots, but it definitely hurt less than other brushes I had used in the past! I was however quite amazed at how quickly the knots disappeared, after a bit of research I'm lead to believe the brush is better than others due to its ergonomic design which allows firmer pressure to target the area. It can be used on both wet and dry hair which also ticks a box for me as it is usually advised not to use a brush on wet hair. Other selling points include its compatibility with hair extensions, smoothing of hair cuticles to prevent damage and spreading conditioner evenly.

If you're still slightly skeptical like I was and think the usual 'its too good to be true' you should check out their website where you can see the Tangle Teezer in action. You cannot ignore how it has taken the beauty industry by storm with a wide array of awards including a Grazia Best in Beauty and a Cosmopolitan 2010 Beauty Award, I definitely recommend to those who like to use a bit of back combing to provide extra volume and lift!


No comments:

Post a Comment